Hand-Carved Wood Measuring Cups
Artwork and function! Hand-carved wood measuring cups will transform your space and bring joy to your heart!
- Hand carved from Musave tree – a tree that regrows after it’s been cut.
- Available in natural wood finished with all-natural beeswax polish made in-house from 3 ingredients: local beeswax, olive oil and vitamin E. This polish brings out the natural color variations of the wood, including darker spots within the wood grain. The beeswax may also develop a "bloom" when the softer oils of the wax come to the surface, bringing a whiteish or powdery look to the surface.
- Please note that the shape, shade, and scoop measurements may vary slightly as they are all carved by hand from different cuts of wood.
- Sizes: The set of four includes 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup measurements.
- Care: Hand wash with mild soap and warm or cold water. Please avoid soaking them, cleaning with bleach, or washing in hot water or in the dishwasher.
- Wood items can be re-finished as needed with beeswax polish or another food safe finish.
- Thank you for bringing fair trade beauty into your kitchen!
- Created for beautiful life
Across the hills of Rwanda, groups of rural artisans are working to bring hope to their families through skillfully handcrafted goods. Rising from the horrors of genocide, artisans from all backgrounds have joined together once again through their craft. Each artisan cooperative specializes in hand crafting products using specific techniques and raw materials. Artisans are using their craft for the purpose of healing, recovery, and development. Thank you for joining them as they build their families, community and nation.
Serving your vision for beauty and meaning in the gifts you give and how you decorate, artisans and designers offer high quality, ethically-sourced goods for life and gifting. Products are crafted by hand using local, natural, and renewable materials.
Fair trade organization which partners with Rwandan artisans to bring beautifully designed, hand crafted goods to the world. As a not-for-profit organization, the company is dedicated to the wellbeing of artisan partners and their families. In addition to opening economic opportunity through fair trade, they invest in a range of community impact projects. The Rwandan-led team facilitates adult literacy classes and offers other practical resources for personal, spiritual, and economic growth.